Substitute Teaching

Signing Up For Substitute Teaching

Without A Teaching Permit

You will need a teacher's license or apply for a Substitute Teaching Permit.

If you are not a licensed teacher, you must  have a high school diploma to be a substitute teacher.  You must bring a transcript to verify you are a high school graduate.

You will also need to complete a Substitute Teaching Permit Application. In order to complete a Substitute Teaching Permit, go to the Licensing Verification and Information System. There, you may apply for a Substitute permit. The cost is $16.

You must complete all the following forms:

You will also need to allow us to make a copy of your driver's license and social security card. If you do not have your social security card, we will need to make a copy of your birth certificate.

Lastly, you will need to begin the process for an expanded background check through SafeVisitor Solutions . **Once the process at SafeVisitor Solutions is completed you will receive two (2) emails from Kidtraks.  Be sure to follow the steps in these emails to complete the background check successfully.

Your name will be placed on our substitute teacher list when all requirements have been completed. Please be sure to specify what building(s) you would like to work at and any exceptions to availability.

If you have any questions, please email:  [email protected]